All Bible verse references are from the New King James Version (NKJV) Bible
It is my primary concern in, and goal of, this blog(book) to be understanding of the different views that the reader may have on historical science hypothesis/theory ie. origins, and Bible interpretation, while being true to what I believe based on what the Bible says when you read it, and where appropriate, read it literally. If you do not read the Bible literally, where appropriate, you are on a slippery slope of open interpretation. I am thinking of evolution and billions of years of naturalism hypothesis/theory ie. putting man’s ideas ahead of God’s Word of a 6 24-hour day creation 6,000 years ago. Recorded in Genesis 1 ie. telling God what He did, rather than letting God tell you what He did.
Whenever the term evolution is used in this blog(book), unless specifically qualified, it means macro evolution, as opposed to micro evolution variation within created kinds; though, the term evolution really extends beyond biology, to the Big Bang, the stars, and the entire universe; likewise, with the term universe, unless specifically qualified, or within the close context of its use, universe means the quantum mechanical (Hugh Everett) Everettin many worlds multiverse. Where this may also scientifically explain the third heavens revealed by Jesus to Paul on the road to Damascus when the bright light shone down on Paul and he fell to the ground.
Rightly dividing the the entire Bible, per II Timothy 2:15, most importantly concerns the separation of Judaism(law) from Christianity(grace). There also are other both earlier and later dispensational divisions that help us understand the entire Bible, and how it all progressively unfolds and fits together as a whole.
For interpretation here that differs from the reader’s, please remember that we all just want to know truth, and that truth is God’s truth(God’s Word), not ours(not man’s). This includes science as well as Bible doctrine. Regarding the Bible, we all have different backgrounds and different interpretations, or different religions or none at all. I am an evangelical Christian. When I say, different religions, it infers that I have a religion, but true Christianity is a faith, not a religion. Christianity is a faith, faith alone in Jesus alone through His Word, the Bible, nothing more, not a religion of rituals—“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.” John 1:1,2—“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14—so, the Bible (it’s message) ‘is’ Jesus(God). That’s why we call the Bible, Holy, and why we put our hand on it when we swear to tell the truth. The Bible is living, the living Word of God, that’s why the Bible could never be called just a dead paper idol, to make reading and studying it or displaying it a religion; rather than a faith—“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12.
Regarding science, this blog(book) defers to a literal interpretation of the Bible as truth that science must conform to. If there is contradiction, then it is science that must change. Rather than this inhibiting science by just inserting God and His supernatural power, the Bible can advance science in ways not likely possible without the Bible as a guide, and ruler to conform to to get unthinkable or heretical ideas from. Now, secular science may scoff at a literal interpretation of fantastic or seemingly impossible things in the Bible as being heretical to science, but heresy is often how advances are made. I am thinking of the literal interpretation of the Genesis creation in 6 literal 24-hour days, after an initial creation origin of the universe containing a primitive earth without form, and void. Created 6,000 years ago, or billions of years ago, depending on if you invoke the gap theory between Genesis 1:1,2. The gap theory is rejected here because this blog(book) sticks to a literal interpretation that science must conform to, so the heavens and earth are all only 6,000 years old. Created first by Jesus stretching out His arms saying, “let there be light, ” where the sun and moon, were created later at the end of the first day of the 6 literal 24-hour days of creation of the universe and the earth, the creation of the solar system was such that earth formed first before the sun began burning, and then life on the earth, all this 6,000 years ago (note: Genesis 1:14-17 are a recap of the initial creation of the heavens and earth, and “let there be light”). The gap theory of an initial billions of years is supernaturally rejected. As extraordinary as it may sound, the earth, our sun, our solar system, our galaxy, our universe, and everything in it are all only 6,000 years old; rather, than with blind faith believing that a primordial Big Bang exploding from a point of energy naturalistically evolved over billions of years into the universe containing our galaxy and our sun to form our solar system and earth world around it with evolved life that somehow spontaneously began from inorganic matter and energy billions of years ago; also, I do not know how there could have been an evening and morning first day, when according to Genesis 1, the sun and the moon had not yet been created, but, in His mind, God knew day and night time. The creation was supernatural. The Bible says, in the beginning God’s Spirit hovered, so maybe His Spirit caused light, and He created time, defining the day and night twelve hour units. Before that there was no time, only eternity. The seven day creation including a day of rest establishes a weekly period for the cyclic benefit of living our lives by.
The universe, our galaxy, our solar system sun, and earth being billions of years old is based on naturalism, which is an atheistic deep time paradigm, that this blog(book) rejects on God’s Word authority. The deep time paradigm can not be proven, it is only measurement data hypothesis/theory interpretation ie. historical science.
By saying all of the above, I am eschewing many years and hours of scientific reading and study (of anything regarding origins ie. historical science) that includes boxes full of math and science books that I read, many of which are ultimately based on origins, and so pretty much say that what I said in the paragraphs above is not true. It’s been quite a transformation in my thinking, but not my Biblical heart. Science to me is now more tempered by the Bible. It’s simultaneously sad and renewing.
The devil’s three big lies are: (1) billions of years; (2) evolution, and; (3) eternal torment of non-believers in Jesus.
So, take your pick: faith in a supernatural God and the Bible, or faith in man’s ideas and discovery of, for example, the cosmic microwave background radiation, as evidence(proof) of the Big Bang and evolution naturalism, when there could be another explanation. It’s really a question of who’s authority do you take, the authority of God’s Word, eg. do you let God tell you what He did, that he created the world in 6 days, or do you tell God what He did, by saying it took billions of years to create the world(the universe, the sun, the earth, and life on the earth)?
What do you have to gain and lose by which you pick? The answer is: the narrow door number (1) reward and eternal life in heaven with Jesus; or the wide door number (2) judgment and eternal know-nothing second death of your smoldering dead body(dust) in the lake of fire with the devil and his angels, where your spirit(breath) has gone back to God, the same as it was before you were born. Which eternal destiny door it is, 1 or 2 depends solely on your heart and acknowledgment with your mouth that you believe in Jesus as Lord God and your personal Savior for salvation(escape from death), see Romans 10:9,10.
After the initial perfect Paradise creation when Adam and Eve disobeyed God, 6,000 years ago, the initial perfect paradise world turned into a suffering predator and prey world of sin(death) and wickedness that was then destroyed by a catastrophic global flood 2,000 years later, 4,000 years ago, destroying the wickedness that the initial creation had become, giving us the earth with the surface features we see today, and the animals that we have today saved from the flood along with Noah and his family safe in the ark God commanded him and described to him to build, where the supernatural creation may simply be natural science that we do not fully understand. This is God. See the record of the supernatural creation in Genesis 1, and the judgement, with a catastrophic global flood in the day of Noah in Genesis chapters 5, 6, 7.
Following are the Bible’s Judeo-Christian grace, and salvation equations (note: the dispensation by dispensation full set of these equations for all of human history since Adam and Eve is more complex than just the Judaism and Christianity division shown here, but knowing and understanding all that, is not necessary for the basics for you to know today for your own salvation, but for the Bible’s dispensation by dispensation full set of salvation equations for all of human history since Adam and Eve, see post(chapter): 64. Rightly Dividing—the Dispensational Changes in the Way God Handles Man:
the Bible’s grace equation:
God’s love for the world + (Jesus’ death + burial + resurrection) = grace,
the pre-Paul Judaism salvation equations:
belief in Jehovah = faith,
Mosaic Law = law,
(faith + law)grace + know-nothing sleep death + burial + resurrection + judgement + eternal life = salvation, in paradise, the eternal new earth,
(II Timothy 2:15)
(note: Jesus is = Jehovah) (as the 3rd Person of the Trinity)
Paul’s Christianity salvation equations for us today:
belief in grace = faith,
(faith + nothing)grace + ((know-nothing sleep death + burial + resurrection) | rapture) + reward + eternal life = salvation in heaven, the heaven revealed to Paul;
the Bible’s death corollary:
(unbelief)grace + know-nothing sleep death + burial + resurrection + judgement + second death = eternal know-nothing sleep death separation from God of your smoldering dead body in the lake of fire, where your spirit has gone back to God who gave it, this is the reverse of when you were conceived at fertilization, not eternal torment; note: when there is no spirit united with a body, there is no soul(no being) to be aware and tormented, and no where in the Bible does is say a non-believer receives an eternal body, eternal torment for unbelievers is a made up doctrine, it is the devil’s lie and has been since Adam and Eve when the Serpent, Satan said you will not surely die, but you do die and die eternally after judgment at the second death if you do not believe in Jesus before you die in this life today; if you believe in Jesus as your personal Savior, you receive an eternal body(eternal soul) at the resurrection/rapture when your changed new immortal eternal body unites with your spirit and you are again a soul(being), now in heaven(glory) with Jesus forever and ever;
Here is an overview of my math and science background, and my computer software career that suddenly ended when I had my stroke; I have been trained in mathematics and computer science. After college, much of the first part of my career was in developing CAD computer software, as a programmer and project manager, which all fit to a T with my interest and my college training. Then I moved on to web programming and database access. During this time, my hobby was reading math and science books, playing golf on a golf league, working out in the morning before work, and hiking on the weekends, then I started biking, and the Lord put His hand on my shoulder and said, “now it’s time,” and at 57 and 1/2 years old, I suddenly had a stroke. As bad as that was and now is, the Lord took something terrible and turned it into something good—that’s how I look at it. II Corinthians 12:7-10
I do not believe in water baptism, nor bread and wine communion; you are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ when you accept Jesus as your personal Savior with your heart, and acknowledge it in prayer with your mouth to Jesus and yourself, see Romans 10:9,10, and Ephesians 2:8,9; bread and wine communion is a religious ritual; it is a throwback to the Jewish Passover celebration, in this way, it is not for us today in the church age.
In addition to science, I am now interested in creation vs. evolution, and Bible interpretation.
My Christian denomination hierarchy:
– Evangelical fundamentalist;
– Dispensational premillennialist—rightly dividing the Bible between Judaism(law) and Christianity(grace);
– Grace Movement, Berean church—the church my family and I went to when I was a boy;
– Fellowship Bible Church—where my uncle Gary, an ordained Reverend, was Pastor, and where my parents met; it and the Bible are the source of my Christian(Bible study) doctrine described herein.
My Christian Bible doctrine highlights:
– salvation by grace through faith alone, in Jesus alone (faith + nothing);
– water baptism and bread and wine communion are not necessary for salvation; you are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ when you accept Jesus as your personal Savior, see Romans 10:9,10, Ephesians 2:8,9, Galatians 2:16, and Isaiah 64:6, baptism was instituted by John the Baptist as a way to show your faith, not to cleanse sin, even Jesus was baptized, and He was sin free, communion is a throwback to the last supper and the Jewish Passover celebration, it is a religious ritual—that is my strict, faith-alone interpretation of it;
– individual and group Bible study, rather than a given catechism, rightly dividing the Bible between Judaism(law) and Christianity(grace), rather than reading the Bible like a salad bowl and mixing it all up together;
– belief in: the sudden, surprising resurrection/rapture of the body of Christ (the church which is His body) to heaven, which could be imminent, and the subsequent 7 year tribulation on earth, ended by the second coming of Jesus on the Mount of Olives; the final resurrection of all the unsaved non-believers and pre-Paul Jews, and the 1000 year millennial Kingdom on earth for the nation of Israel Jews and Gentiles grafted in before Paul, and possibly believers at the great white throne judgement; though, there probably will not be a second chance to believe at the great white throne judgement to receive eternal life in the eternal new earth ie. Paradise (when you die, your name is either written in the book of life, or it’s not, based on wether you accepted Jesus as your personal Savior with your heart and acknowledged it with your mouth before you died, see Romans 10:9,10); rather, than judgment and the second death as your eternal smoldering dead body know-nothing sleep separation from God in the lake of fire, a second chance to avoid this judgement and second death is certainly not something to count on. The judgement is a judgment of the way you lived your life, before you receive the second death of eternal know-nothing death(sleep)—where your dead body is cast into the lake of fire and your spirit goes back to God who gave it, but without a body there is no soul(no being), no eternal life, only eternal death(sleep) separation from God;
– belief in the literal 6 24-hour day creation, as recorded in the book of Genesis;
– neither water baptism nor communion are appropriate today in the church age(dispensation) of grace(the mystery); rather, you are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ when you accept Jesus as your personal Savior; water baptism is a religious ritual that was instituted by John the Baptist as a way to show your faith, not to cleanse sin, baptism for cleansing sin is contrary to grace through faith alone in Jesus alone; communion is a throwback to Judaism and the Passover, my further thought on this, is: we were not there to witness or be directly told about Jesus and His crucifixion, so we can not have a mental image to remember in remembrance communion, which is a religious ritual that is unnecessary and contrary to grace through faith alone in Jesus alone, the communion throwback to Judaism and the Passover celebration, and baptism, dilute the grace message of salvation by grace through faith alone, and ruin the simplicity of the Christianity salvation equation: grace(faith + nothing) = salvation, Ephesians 2:8,9; “eat my flesh and drink my blood” in John chapter 6 means believing in Jesus and reading/studying the Bible for Spiritual nourishment, not communion, see John 1:1,2 together with John 1:14, where Jesus ‘is’ the Word(the Bible); eternal torment of unsaved non-believers is not fair, and unsaved non-believers do not receive an eternal body to be a soul(being) to be eternally tormented, it is the devil’s lie (the story about the rich man and Lazarus is an allegory); body(dust) + spirit(breath) = soul(being), ie. you don’t have a soul; rather, you are a soul; hell, Sheol, Hades, death, and grave are all synonymous, not a place of torment. When you die, you do not immediately go to heaven, or any other place, your body goes to the grave to wait in know-nothing death(sleep) until the resurrection of your body(dust) when it reunites with your spirit(breath) and you are again a living soul(being) in the meantime your spirit(breath) has gone back to God Who gave it, and you have no sense of time, so to you, the person who died, it will seem like you are immediately in heaven, or at the great white throne judgment. It just makes people feel good to think of it the same way it will seem to the person who died. Your spirit is your breath of life and nothing more until it is supernaturally united with your body, at: creation as in Adam and Eve, at birth(fertilization/conception), or at resurrection to be a soul(being), where the supernatural is God, something we do not understand.
Favorite verses: Ephesians 2:8,9
FaceBook: creation vs. evolution, follow Ken Ham;
YouTube: dispensationalism, John MacArthur;
Web and TV: lesfeldick.com, lesfeldick.org, http://www.answers.tv;
Twitter: follow @lesfeldick, @lesfeldickbible, @lesfeldickdaily;
Any comments or questions are welcomed.