This book has two different themes—the myth of evolution (ME), and rightly dividing (RD) the word of truth(the Bible). The different chapters on these two themes (ME) and (RD) are interspersed throughout the book:
– theme 1: (ME) the myth of evolution, includes the importance of distinguishing, the fact of plant and animal intra-genus family(created kind) microevolution variation within created kinds over hundreds/thousands of years as a beautiful forest of life, from the fiction of plant and animal inter-genus family macroevolution large scale change amongst and between the entire plant and animal kingdoms over millions/billions of years, as one gigantic tree of life. The term, evolution, biologically, means the myth of the spontaneous beginning of life from non-life followed by the hypothesis and myth of inter-kind macroevolution gross change, not the fact of intra-kind microevolution variation within a genius family(created kind); the creation vs. evolution debate presented in this book includes the indefinite time gap/interpretation between Genesis 1:1,2: when Lucifer rebelled and was cast out of the third heaven to the first heaven and down to earth, the original creation and its “without form, and void” destruction (this is my interpretation, see randyrambling2.wordpress.com, I remember when I was young, wondering why the Bible started out in the beginning saying the earth was, “without form, and void”), and then the subsequent young time new creation 6,000 years ago and the following cataclysmic world wide flood in the day of Noah 4,000 years ago; this theme is the 6 thousand year young earth and young solar system supernatural creation; vs. the secular deep time 3.5 billion year old solar system and earth and 13.5 billion year old universe evolution naturalism. The distant past is history, not science. Our history book is the Bible to guide us in interpreting our observations and measurements in the present; note: some of the deep time universe evolution naturalism may be able to be bridged and accommodated by the gap theory/interpretation between Genesis 1:1,2, but not the creation of the sun and moon, and life on earth which are all part of the 6,000 year old young time new creation described in Genesis 1;
– theme 2: (RD) rightly dividing the word of truth, per II Timothy 2:15, includes the importance of distinguishing between the Kingdom and the church ie. between Judaism(law) and Christianity(grace)(the church which is His body) written about only by Paul only in the Pauline epistles; you can think of this as distinguishing between the Star of David, and the Cross, where Jesus of Christianity is Jehovah of Judaism, the one in the same, only begotten Son of God.
Here is an overview of my math and science background, and my computer software career that suddenly ended when I had a severe right-brain stroke; I have been trained in mathematics and computer science. After college, and after a brief internship and then my first computer programming job, the first part of my career was in CAD software engineering for 3D surface and solid modeling, especially patented 3D surface model mesh generation/flattening/wrapping/draping/layup/slide on surface model and 2D pattern layout, and 2D image CAD software, as a programmer and project manager. This all fit perfectly with my interest and my college training. Then I moved on to web programming and database management, and in the end became a MCPD full stack e-commerce software developer subcontractor (you can see my LinkedIn page for a description of my career).
During this time, my hobby was: reading math and science books (I have boxes full of them), playing golf on a golf league, jogging and working out in the gym and pool lap swimming in the morning before work. Hiking on the weekends. Then for six months I started biking, and the Lord put His hand on my shoulder and said, “now it’s time,” and at 57 and 1/2 years old, I suddenly had a stroke. As bad as that was and now is, the Lord took something terrible and turned it into something good.—that’s how I look at it. II Corinthians 12:7-10—I wrote this book and its companion, along with two other books, an autobiography, and various other documents in my Google document library.
Jesus was always my God, but now math and science are no longer my god; though, I am still very interested in math and science, but they(origins and the future) are now tempered and guided by the Bible. Thus, this book and its companion, which hopefully will help give my two sons a rationale for believing the Bible is God’s Word.
My Christian denomination/doctrine hierarchy:
– Evangelical fundamentalist
– Dispensational premillennialism
– Grace Movement, Berean Church (where I went to church before going to college—-now called Rush Creek Church)
– Fellowship Bible Church (where my uncle was Pastor, and where my parents met)
- salvation by grace through faith alone in Jesus alone (faith + nothing);
- water baptism and communion are not required for salvation, and strictly speaking, they are not even appropriate for us today;
- individual and group Bible study, rather than a given catechism, rightly dividing the Bible between Judaism(law) and Christianity(grace), see (RD);
- belief in: the imminent sudden and surprising resurrection/rapture of the body of Christ (the church which is His body) to heaven, and the subsequent 7 year tribulation on earth, ended by the second coming of Jesus on the Mount of Olives, the final resurrection of all(the unsaved non-believers and pre-Paul Jews), and the 1000 year millennial Kingdom on earth for the nation of Israel Jews and Gentiles grafted in before Paul;
- belief in the literal 6 24 hour day creation, as recorded in the book of Genesis;
- neither water baptism nor communion are appropriate today in the church age(dispensation) of grace(the mystery); rather, you are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ when, in prayer, you accept Jesus as your personal Savior, water baptism is a religious ritual that was instituted by John the Baptist as a showing of your faith during the time of Judaism(law), not cleansing of sin, it is contrary to grace through faith alone in Jesus alone; communion is a throwback to Judaism and the Passover, my further thought is: we were not there to witness or be directly told about Jesus and His crucifixion, so we can not have a mental image to remember as our remembrance, communion is a religious ritual that is unnecessary and contrary to grace through faith alone in Jesus alone, “eat my flesh and rink my blood” in John chapter 6 means reading and studying the Bible for Spiritual nourishment, not communion, see John 1:1,2 together with John 1:14, where Jesus ‘is’ the Bible(the Word);
- eternal torment of unsaved non-believers is the devil’s lie; body(dust) + spirit(breath) = soul(being), ie. you do not have a soul; rather, you are a soul (you have a spirit);m
- hell, Sheol, Hades, death, and grave are all synonymous, not a place of torment, when you die, you do not immediately go to heaven, or any other place, your body goes to the grave to wait in know-nothing death(sleep) until the resurrection of your body(dust) when it reunites with your spirit(breath) and you are again a living soul(being) in the meantime your spirit(breath) has gone back to God Who gave it,,and you have no sense of time, so to you the person who died it will seem like you are immediately in heaven, or at the great white throne judgment. Your spirit is your breath of life and nothing more until it is united with your body at creation, as in Adam and Eve, at birth(conception), or at resurrection to be a soul(being); though, I think your spirit somehow also might carry some of you consciousness snd memories. I have chapter on this in my companion book.
I accepted Jesus as my personal Savior at Grace Youth Camp, late one night in the dark on the athletic field with my cabin counselor.
It is my primary concern in this book to be understanding of the different views that the reader may have on historical science hypothesis (not really even a theory) about our supposed evolutionary origins, and overall Bible interpretation doctrine, while being true to what I believe based on what the Bible says when you read it, and where appropriate, read it literally. If you do not read the Bible literally, where appropriate, you are on a slippery slope of open interpretation, putting man’s ideas ahead of God’s Word; and, rightly divide it between the Kingdom and the church ie. rightly divide the Bible between Judaism(law) and Christianity(grace). Meaning, you have to separate out the church as a parenthesis faith (that begins with Paul), from within the religion of Judaism()law); otherwise, you will have verses that conflict, and you will have a false doctrine. Regarding origins, I am thinking of millions of years of macroevolution naturalism hypothesis/theory ie. putting man’s deep time evolution ideas of naturalism ahead of God’s Word that the creation was a 6 24 hour day supernatural creation 6,000 years ago. Recorded in Genesis 1; meaning, you want to tell God what He did and how He did it; rather than letting God tell you what He did. Whenever the term evolution is used in this blog(book), unless specifically qualified, it means inter-kind macroevolution, as opposed to intra-kind microevolution variation within created kinds, that we see happening around us all the time. Microevolution causes people to falsely think that macroevolution is how we got here. Macroevolution has never been observed, it is just an interpretation of the past from bones in the ground, and observing microevolution in the world around us in the present. Thus making macroevolution a hypothesis not a theory.
All Bible verse references are from the New King James Version (NKJV) Bible
Books: the Scofield Reference Bible, annotated by C. I. Scofield, Dispensational Relationships, by C. F. Baker;
Twitter: follow @lesfeldick, @lesfeldickbible, @lesfeldickdaily;
YouTube: dispensationalism, John MacArthur;
Web and TV: http://www.answers.tv;
Any comments or questions are welcomed.
Thank you for reading my book.
I hope you enjoy it and find it interesting and useful.